How would you like to discover 101 MLM Prospecting tactics for your home business?
Would that help if you disovered even ONE that would help?
NOTE: Here are 101 MLM prospecting strategies and methods that are mainly offline and more traditional in nature, but will help you during the Holiday season this year. 101 Online Prospecting tips and tactics are coming soon.
Find one or two and engage them. You do not need them all. You only need a couple that you feel will work, and then go to work with them. These prospecting tactics have produced a TON of volume over the years, and I know they will for you as well.
Here are 101 MLM Prospecting Tactics:
1. Send a product catalog to a co-worker that has moved or gotten a new job.
2. Send a product catalog to other reps that you know that market products that do not compete with yours.
3. Post a product catalog in the teacher’s lounge at your child’s school with our card on the catalogue. Give way something free in the catalogue with a drawing.
4. Post a product catalog in the employee lunch room of businesses that you know.
5. Hold an open house for your neighbors and let them invite friends for the holidays.
6. Have a booth at a school fair and give away something in a drawing.
7. Advertise in your alumni newsletter and or local paper a semina that you and your upline do for the public.
8. Give a product catalog to the receptionist at your doctor’s or dentist’s office and ask her to look through it.
9. Include a flyer or brochure with your bill payments and ask, “Are they paying you what your skills are truly worth? Call me if they are not.”
10. Call people who have helped you before and see if they would refer some prospects.
11. Put current catalog in your neighbor’s door and thank them in advance for their business.
12. Ask friends to sponsor an “open house” for you and give them some free products for doing it.
13. Advertise in your church bulletin a fund raiser that will help your church with sale of your producst going to the church.
14. Take a product to every church potluck and share it with folks asking them who they they know it could help.
15. Host an office party or brunch at an office where you know people or the boss sharing the benefits of your products and services.
16. Host a product/information table before or during a PTA Meeting and give awat something free in a drawing.
17. Mail out product flyers, post cards, or flyers with 25% off coupons or free drawing.
18. Do a fundraiser for your favorite charity-give them the profits of the sales.
19. Get a list of new neighbors from the courthouse. New people may be looking for a distributor or a new job in this area.
20. Set up a product/info display at a craft fair and go talk to every booth worker there and introduce yourself.
21. Participate in a school fund-raiser and ask them to consider your products.
22. Have your spouse or significant other promote the products at where they work (after work) with a free drawing to sign up for!
23. Have you and your family members wear a promotional T-shirt or Sweatshirt that has your logo or product.
24. Hold a Valentine get together with men that you know for product sales that would be applicable.
25. Set up a display/table at a mall during one of their fairs or shows.
26. Set up a display at a soccer game, hold a drawing for a free soccer ball in a drawing.
27. Put a product button on your shirt, purse, hat, or coat asking a question about a benefit of your products.
28. Ask a customer who won products at one of your drawings to talk about their free products in a vieo and put it up on your blog.
29. Hold a talk at a “Curves” / YWCA workout facility about your product and hold a drawing to give away some products.
30. Random mailings. Open a phone book and randomly choose-and say, “Maybe you can help me…I am looking for someone in your are that I can help…”
31. Mention specials and free giveaways and other benefits at least 3 times per PBR (Private Business Reception) or in home meeting.
32. Hold up higher priced products and mention half-price products during a PBR (in home meetings) to encourage someone else to help you out and sponsor another PBR.
33. Mention how much your “average” PBR sponsor gets in discounted products and profits from sales and then give someone a chance to offer to help you and sponsor a PBR at their home.
34. At the beginning of your in home meeting, mention the goal of your PBR : to book 2 personal appointments from it to talk further about your business.
35. Share upcoming online contests, free drawings, and give aways with friends for upcoming meetings in conversations, phone calls, and on social media sites.
36. Video your guests at a PBR and let them talk about it, and feature the vidoe on facebook and youtube and twitter.
37. Encourage frequent customers to regularly hold PBRs for you for free product and even ske them to sponsor a luncheon with you.
38. Encourage PBR sponsors to book another one in 6-9 months. Nail the date down THEN. Promote free drawings ahead of time and use social media to do that.
39. Treat PBR Hosts to a special “Appreciation Tea/ Luncheon/breakfast” and make them feel like superstars for helping you.
40. Encourage family/relatives to hold a PBR for you, ask for help and offer them the profits for doing it.
41. Call your realtor with suggestions for “new home packages”/ with your products in the package.
42. Offer to do an information class for local businesses that hour products will be applicable for. (Nutrition products- health club, etc)
43. Start an E-mail address book of customers who want to know more about your industry and products, and put a personal note with each email thanking them for their help. If there isn’t one, create one! Email monthly!
44. Encourage your PBR sponsors and guests who attend to refer potential sponsors to you…make a referral card to give out at luncheons and PBRs and offer a discounts for the referral.
45. Offer a free drawing on a video and viral market it over social media.
46. Promote shows that you have a booth with, and ask friends to come by.
47. Describe, highlight, and promote how to sponsor a PBR during every event you do. “I aml ooking for PBR Partners that want to make earn some great rewards by working with me for a night.”
48. Be friendly and focus on talking about the guests ONLY —-not yourself–when you meet them…simple but a MUST to get possible referrals
49. Follow through with 42 hours on every possible PBR/ Luncheon/ Breakfast sponsor lead and referral (VERY IMPORTANT!)
50. ASK, ASK, ASK. – You have what many people are looking for…
51. Use open- ended questions, especially when dealing with conversations…and LISTEN to what they say for possible opening for your products and business!
52. Use ALL your products at home, office, camping, parties, etc. Are their products that you may be missing talking about?
53. Go to book stores, and read sales, self improvement and positive thinking books-input power- SO YOUR OUTPUT WILL BE EMPOWERED! Talk to others at the store who do the same thing!
54. Call at least two potential referrals every night-“You have people you care for don’t you? Who do you know that is having trouble financially – Wants to feel better about life – Wants more security – Wants more energy? I can help them.”
55. Dream and imagine the possibilities that you have been missing…what about the strip malls in your town? Take a brochure to them and ask for a referral.
(This reallt works if you do it.)
56. Set weekly prospecting goals and review them constantly. Post them where you can see them…why? Your subconscious will start you moving towards them when you are not even aware of it! And it will become a part of your presence when you recruit or retail.
57. Ask friends to help you get started to reach a certain goal-get a “Support Team” that will help encourage you and help you and refer you- online as well as offline.
58. Use benefits flyers- products are sold on benefits, not just the ingredients. People buy drills because they want holes, not the drill!
59. Use postcards and or newsletters to continue to spark interest…”Are you aware that you CAN have the money you want? Don’t spend thousands on empty promises . We have an idea we would like to share with you that has made such a difference in our lives…”
60. Follow up phone calls to particularly interested people you have chatted with and tell them you appeciated the conversation. Most do not follow up. They may decide later to set a time for an appointment.
61. Do a review of your products on video, posts, articles, and audio. Get theat out on social media.
62. Give products as gifts or donations to charities, churches, and other opportunities.
63. Don’t be shy talking about your products or your business when in a crowd or with people. Tell your personal story, and ask if they know anyone who might need the benefits of your products.
64. Smile when talking on the phone. Simple idea, but people will feel it, and response to it. Nervous people rarely smile on the phone.
65. Review orders from past PBRs – who have bought frequently, etc. Call them, facebook them, tweet them, or reconnect with them via email. Fill them in on a new product, or event, and invite them to lunch with you.
66. Be prepared to answer questions about your work…don’t be thinking when you should be talking. Have a response ready at all times.
67. Write down names and numbers of people who “owe you a favor” then follow up…they will be a great help with opening doors.
68. Call the most familiar people first, and make the conversation an “I need your help” conversation.
69. Call potential customers who postponed on you, and ask if you can meet with them this week.
70. Spend time every day working on some aspect of our business… but MAKE IT A VOLUME PRODUCING aspect!
71. Be willing to share the business opportunity…not just the products. There are TWO products…The Retailing Product line… and the Business Product!
72. Call anyone who has said maybe or sometime…and if they are still saying this, ask for a referral.
73. Advertise in football, basketball, or musical programs…THIS WORKS! Been there done that! And sold product and recruited off of it!
74. Leave your business cards on bulletin boards or in local businesses… this is simply creating a potential exposure… YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS LOOKING!
75. Talk about upcoming events with everyone on social media as well as offline. Invite them to a special event that is coming up.
76. Donate a basket to a local radio station to give-away during special holiday (mother’s day, Valentines day, etc) Sponsored by your company. You could even donate a brochure with it!
77. Keep a list of special interested folks in your success, and keep them abreast of your Successes and remind them you are looking for some leaders.
78. Create a facebook fanpage and give away something for free to build a list for your marketing efforts.
79. Offer an extra bonus for people who are willing to hold PBRs on days and for months when you need the volume and it is down to the wire.
80. Give extra service and time to good customers and PBR partners – they will be repeat PBR Hosts, and potential distributors down the road.
81. Carry a notepad to jot down names of prospects as you think of them. This works as you always run across people who you can follow up with later!
82. Let all PBR or luncheon guests keep a product brochure or catalogue. They can keep it on hand or pass around work. This happens more than you think!
83. ‘People that care about you.’ A warm or Hot market is a great place to start…but ask yourself a question… who really cares about my success and future? Start there and ask for their help. You will be surprised how emotions can be of benefit to you…If they do care about you, They will listen to you and try to help…
84. ‘People you truly care about.’ Who do you truly care about and want to see have a great life? Start there. Your compassion and caring will come through and impact in a positive way. People liked to be thought of, and this is a way to make that happen, and also to show your feelings towards their future and Life…
85. ‘People that you know that care about the same things… ‘ Who has a commonality with you in caring for the same things? Maybe in a club or church, or an association. You have already established that you have something in common that matters to you both. And your business would be a great way to expand that relationship.
86. ‘Follow your Dollar.’ Who do you do business with? Who do give money to on a regular basis? Whether it is shopping or getting something repaired or simply paying to have something done that is who you want to target. Who did you buy your car from? Who sells you your clothing and groceries? Follow your dollar. There is a gold mine their in contacts and potential sales. They may be hesitant about joining you , but ask for referrals. They owe them to you
87. ‘The Goldmine on your desk.’ Most folks have some form of a Rolodex or card case on their desk, or in their planner. But most have a listing of who they have gathered cards from. Even in their palm pilot. Most Business owners have a great Rolodex but less than 10% of the cards produce revenues for them. Turn your or their Rolodex into a Goldmine that produces a secondary revenue source for them, by contacting the cards in the rolodex, and increase the value of their contacts. ‘What percentage of your rolodex is currently producing you any type of revenue source? 2%? 5%? If there was a way to increase that to 15-20%…would you want to know about it?’
88. ‘Referrals.’ This business is not for everyone…but everyone knows someone who it is for. Ask. And it really depends on how you ask, that determines the response.’ Obviously this isn’t for you, but if you were me, who would be the first 2 people you would call to share this with? And then call them. “Hello Mary? My name is Doug, and I promised Tom I would give you a call to share an idea he thought you would enjoy.’
89. ‘Business owners you know…or someone else knows them.’ Business owners, especially small business owners are always looking for ways to increase value to their employees, and to increase the bottom line to their company. A lot of business owners have found Network Marketing to be a great secondary profit center for their business……..and they all have associations they belong to….with other business owners……A good way to prospect them is to ask for their advice on Marketing…..and their help. Don’t forget the Goldmine on their desk.
90. ‘Stay at Home moms.’ One of the fastest growing sectors in MLM is the stay at home mom. Many women professionals are starting to leave their jobs and careers to spend time with their family. Values seem to be changing, and with that comes a great opportunity to help them reclaim the income they lost and they already have proven themselves in the workforce. And over 70% of all networkers… are women.
91. ‘Chamber of Commerce.’ Every city has a Chamber and most are all business minded which means a goldmine for sales and referrals, and even some distributors. Join your chamber or at least attend some functions and get a listing of members. And here is an INFERNO Secret to recruit: Establish a relationship and ask for their help, and refer business to them.
92. ‘Civic/Charitable organizations.’ Join a Civic group to first make a difference in your city, not just to network. And become known as a go getter and helper, and as you do these things, ask for people’s referrals. And maybe a time you could let them try your products. But understand – FIRST make a difference in the group, and then you will have a better chance of making a difference with them with your business.
93. Print Shop Managers/Owners. Put a brochure in their place advertising your product or recruit them for a secondary revenue source.
94. Book Store Managers/ Owners- Spend time in the bookstore talking to like minded people who are looking for books on Success and Leadership.
95. Restaurant Manager/ Owner- Put a fish bowl in there and buy 4 business lunches. Draw the winner and keep the cards weekly to contact.
96. CPA- Who doe she/he know who is looking for an additional revenue source?
97. Attorney- Who does he/she know who is looking for a second start in life after bankruptcy?
98. Stock Broker
99. Jewelry Store Manager/Owner
100. Service Station Owner
101. Local Pharmacy owner
(c) 2011 all rights reserved
MLM Prospecting Related Posts: